Custom African Safaris
Lawson’s are the Custom African Safari specialists, with over thirty years of experience in the field. From short Kruger National Park trips to extended multi-week tours in Southern and Eastern Africa, we pride ourselves in being able to offer you a fun, rewarding and memorable custom safari.
The basics of the Custom Safari
- Custom Safaris can be designed for single travellers, couples, families or small groups of friends.
- Contact us and we’ll take your interests, availability, budget and needs in to account in coming up with a suitable itinerary and price.
- Our custom-made trips can be based on birding, general wildlife or photography, or a combination of all three.
- Custom-made tours are ideal for those who like independence and flexibility as there are no other tour participants to take into consideration.
- You’ll have a dedicated guide to escort you from start to finish, close personal attention being a big feature of a private safari.
Custom Safari itineraries
There’s lots of choice when designing your Custom African Safari! All of our set-departures can be converted into Custom Safaris, designed specifically for you. These can be tweaked to fit your availability and budget. We also have some Standard Itineraries covering South Africa which are pre-priced to help you get an idea of what we can do. These are just a guide and can be tweaked to suit you. We can also come up with other itineraries based on your interests. Custom-safaris can be fully-guided, self-drive or a combination of the two. They can also be a combination of fully-guided and FIT (Fully Independent Traveler), for example, a guided Kruger safari followed by a stay at a private game lodge.
Custom Safaris are a great way to experience Africa! Spend time being hosted by one of our expert guides on a tailor-made safari and just sit back and enjoy the country, birds, wildlife, food and drink – that’s what it’s all about! Here are a few sample itineraries to give some inspiration!